nora® Astro form 8 is made of light cellular rubber with a truly unique composition of properties. It is incredibly soft and resilient, yet still keeps in shape!
With nora® Astro form 8, we present a new material that is hygienic, has a closed cell structure and features excellent thermoforming properties. After processing, it is extremely soft and exceedingly resilient.
The closed cell structure prevents wound secretion and sweat, and thus germs, bacteria and fungi, from penetrating the material. Secretions adhering to the surface can by hygienically removed using commercially available disinfectants.
The benefits of nora® Astro form 8 are self-evident:
- Extremely soft
- Excellent recovery capability after compression
- Low compression
- Outstanding cushioning properties
- Optimum shock absorbance
- Thermoformable at a processing temperature of approx. 110-130°C
- Hygienic & disinfectable due to the closed cellular surface
- Skin tolerability tested and certified by the Fresenius Institute
- Excellent bonding properties
Ideal areas of application for nora® Astro form 8:
- Cushioning in orthotics and prosthetics, e.g. cushioning in forefoot replacement
- Heel and forefoot cushioning, Haglund heel cushioning
- Cushioning layer for diabetes-adapted footbed
- Heel spur cavities for heel spur inserts
- Upper cushioning, e.g. for peroneal or ankle caps
Product details of nora® Astro form 8:
Format: approx. 800 x 580 mm
Colour: 318 ice blue
Thicknesses: approx. 2 / 3 / 4 / 6 / 8 mm
Density: approx. 0.17 g/cm³
Download (PDF) of more information and applications for example: English, French, Italian, Spanish.